Last week I attended a preview event to get us ready for Sunday’s launch of Skylanders Superchargers! This latest installment of the Skylanders franchise is sure to be a hit amongst gamers.
Players can explore Skylands via land, sea and sky in the adventure mode, co-op play, and our newest addition, head to head racing! What I’m most excited about is the ability to play while on the go via your Ipad, Iphone, Ipod or Apple Tv!
There are twenty new SuperChargers character toys and 20 new vehicle toys available. The game also features an all-new Racing Mode that blends high-octane, supercharged racing with combat, accentuated by power-ups, boosts, hazards and more.
Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Pack will include two new Skylanders characters, a first-of-its-kind Skylanders vehicle, a newly designed Portal of Power® and the full AAA game.
Skylanders SuperChargers delivers more ways to play than ever before:
- Single-player Adventure Mode
- Online and local co-operative Adventure Mode
- Local 2-player head-to-head racing in split screen (offline)
- Online competitive racing with up to 4 players playable in land, sea, and sky environments
o Includes time trials and lap races
o Voice chat can be activated with friends
- Optional expansion packs will be available upon launch (September 20th) to unlock extended content and will come with three toys (a SuperCharger, their signature vehicle, a villain trophy)
- A dedicated combat racing game, Skylanders SuperChargers Racing, will be made available on Wii and Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo guest stars: Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser and their respective vehicles will debut on Nintendo platforms
- Additional star power includes voice overs from noted celebrities Josh Duhamel, Brittany Snow, Neal McDonough and more!
Skylanders SuperChargers will be available for the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360™ and Xbox One™ video game and entertainment systems from Microsoft, and Nintendo’s Wii U™ system for $74.99 MSRP.
Disclosure: No compensation was received for this post. I attended an event as media. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.