I am a HUGE Samsung fan! About 90 % of our electronics are made by Samsung. We have yet to be disappointed by any of our products. My husband & I both have the Samsung Galaxy S3. I was kinda itching for the S4 but I knew a newer model would eventually arrive. And it will. On April 11, the newest member of the Samsung/Sprint family will be the S5.
Some key features:
- Android 4.4.2, KitKat
- 5.1-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display
- 2.5GHz quad-core processor
- 2,800mAh lithium-ion battery
- Galaxy S 5 also joins the growing list of HD Voice-capable mobile phones from Sprint
- Dual Cameras: 16-megapixel rear-facing Phase Detection Auto Focus camera with Zero Shutter Lag, flash and video capture, and 2-megapixel front-facing camera with full HD recording at 30fps
- S Health helps plan meals with nutritional information, track and map workouts, and monitor heart rate with the world’s first built-in heart-rate monitor (HRM)
- IP67 water and dust resistant
Color Options for Galaxy S 5 and Samsung Gear:
- Galaxy S 5 will be available in Charcoal Black and Shimmery White
- Gear Fit is available in Charcoal Black, with optional changeable straps in Wild Orange and Mocha Grey (sold separately)
- Gear 2 Neo will be available in Charcoal Black
- Gear 2 will be available in Charcoal Black and Gold Brown
For a limited time only, customers who purchase Galaxy S 5 on a Sprint Framily Plan with Easy Pay will also get Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 free with activation on a data plan with a two-year service agreement. Sprint customers can add a data plan for Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 to their account with rate plans starting at $10 per month (excluding taxes and surcharges).
With Sprint Easy Pay, well-qualified buyers can purchase Samsung Galaxy S 5 with $0 down (plus tax) and 24 monthly payments of $27.09. The contracted price for Samsung Galaxy S 5 is $199.99 with a new line or eligible upgrade, two-year service agreement, after a $50 mail-in rebate. Suggested Retail Price: $649.99.
Sprint will also be offering Samsung Gear Fit, Samsung Gear 2 Neo and Samsung Gear 2 on April 11. Customers can visit any Sprint Store to reserve Galaxy S 5. Customers who have reserved their Galaxy S 5 will be contacted to complete their purchase as soon as devices become available. More information on how to get Galaxy S 5 is available at www.sprint.com/galaxys5.
I’m so excited about the newest model. I’m intrigued by the S Health and looking forward to seeing how well the camera will be since it’s doubled the megapixels from my S3.
Are you a Samsung fan? Which phone do you have? Are you considering getting the S5? Share your thoughts!
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.