The big day is a just a few hours away. The launch of the highly anticipated Nintendo Switch. The boyz & I were previously invited to a preview event in New York to test out the system and it’s games. We were left very impressed and can’t wait to have one in our own home.
Nintendo Switch is changing how you play the game. The sleek design is just one of it’s many features. What’s crazy about this system is that it can be manipulated to be played at home or on the go. If you’re playing on your HD TV then decide to leave the house, the switch easily transforms into handheld mode. It’s insane but so clever.
The boyz were excited about playing some of their favorites like Mario Bros and Streetfighter. They were introduced to some new ones like Arms & Splatoon 2 which quickly became on their must have lists too. What I loved most about the Switch is how it brings the family together for some fun. We can never get my husband to come out with us because he’s always working, so to see him playing & enjoying himself with our son was a great sight to see. As much as you may want your kid to unplug sometimes, it definitely has it’s benefits.
- Battery life can last for more than six hours, but will vary depending on the software and usage.
- There is 32GB of internal memory, a portion of which is reserved for use by the system. Users can easily expand storage space using microSDHC or microSDXC cards.
- 6.2-inch, multi-touch capacitive touch screen; can display a resolution of 1280 x 720.
- Approximately .66 lbs (Approximately .88 lbs when Joy-Con controllers are attached)
- Nintendo Switch can be connected to the Internet via a wireless (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) and Bluetooth 4.1
- Nintendo Switch supports multiplayer gaming options of all kinds. You can play together online or in the same room using one system or multiple systems.
- Retail value $299.99
Nintendo Switch hits stores on March 3rd. I can imagine that it will sell out quickly. If you can get your hands on one, you are so darn lucky! Enjoy it! It definitely will blow your mind away.
Disclosure: I was invited as press to the event. No compensation was received. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.